June 13, 2011

Murder? No, it's recycling!

"Tall Bike 57" is on the road, no brakes yet. Let me know if you want some.
All right, I am deep into the build. I got a tall bike finished. And there are two "carriers" in the works. I just got 21 lbs of chromoly from Spruce Aircraft ($150) to make super strong / light recumbent seats for at least 3 machines I haven't even thought of yet and other structural frame stuff. My biggest issue right now is I went through about 8 tires and 4 tubes trying to get ONE GOOD tire put together. Any 26" tires & tubes are welcomed! And I need "magic" parts that take too much time to build on my schedule. So, here is where the fun starts, again.

The Evil Eye is about to go onto the chopping block. Who cares, right? Well, a little history and at least you'll know what your bike came from...

Climbing Dead Mans, the start of it anyway, with My lovely Pit Crew, Acacia & Erin, 2004.
Me and the Evil Eye in Humboldt Bay, 2004
The Evil Eye was my first Kinetic Sculpture Race Machine, 2004. I ended up Acing the race and winning 3rd place engineering. So, what did I do? I cut it up and repurposed it for Burning Man.
The Evil Eye, chopped / stacked with a bike rear that would fail later at BM 2004
The first round broke and Don Cain, founder of the DSC, welded a scooter to the back and drove it around all week. At home, the "cheese" was removed and the rear end was replaced with a motorcycle rear. And a fire cannon / shopping cart / trailer was added (2005). I believe the Evil Eye, with the trailer, was the first PEDAL POWERED flame effect on the playa. But I'm sure someone had a candle, or a rag soaked in kerosene or something. I just never saw any BIG fire on a bike.

The Evil Eye version 4.0 with fire cannon trailer. 10 gallon capacity. Boom!
The LDL 2005, Kiki going for a ride, little did she know she would soon be the driver!
Then I made other stuff and the Evil Eye became Kiki's ride for a few years. She did well, but it is a heavy machine. 2010, I built Kiki a new ride and John Felts took over, cranking the Evil Eye all over the playa for 2010.

So, how will it flow... to someone else or into new bikes? There isn't much time, and I know the Evil Eye is solid. BUT, the Evil Eye is heavy and hard to pack around. So, if someone wants to buy the Evil Eye, as is (working perfectly) for about $1200.00, it's yours. I'll even throw in a fire cannon trailer if you want it! CONTACT ME FAST! Whenever I get around to it, I'm going to cut it up and add it's parts to at least 3 bikes / trikes. Then the offer is gone.

1 comment: