June 30, 2011

Baggage Handler 57 - update

 So, I know it's just little details, but this REALLY IS what makes a bike kick-ass instead of a regular bike. The Baggage Handler 57 is all about hauling your crap. That is why I welded the baskets on instead of making them removable. If they could come off... it would just be some long beach cruiser.. boring.

Added a second kickstand and FEET to handle heavy loads in the dirt. Yes.

Metal plate for frame (did I mention that I LOVE my plasma cutter?)

Baskets and giant rack are part of the frame. Note rings for securing loads!

The two FEET for holding it up.

Why just weld when you can doodle?
Bottom of the foot for tread. Thank you Rick Kistler for showing welding dots
to Duane Flatmo who showed me. Welding dots = cool.
I know this seems slow going, but you are going to flip out after you see the next one I'm making. I just got hooked up with EIGHT FEET of plastic storm drain that is 36" inside Diam. (Thanks Rob!) AND, I have a shipment of bike parts coming next week that will fill in some big gaps. AND Eric brought a few more bikes by... and so it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment